With a focus on high-temperature coatings, the upcoming NACE Bring on the Heat Conference will feature two days of cutting-edge presentations and case studies on passive fire protection (PFP) and corrosion under insulation (CUI) within the petrochemical industry.
The in-person event, which will be held from June 15-16, 2021, in Pasadena, Texas, offers attendees a chance to engage with other high-temperature coatings professionals from across the industry. Discounted rates for advance registration are available until May 4, 2021.
Owner’s Panel, Demo Day
An "Owner's Panel" session on Tuesday, June 15, will offer access to leaders from many top U.S. oil and gas facilities. Attendees can learn and ask questions regarding what they are looking for, where they see the future of the industry going, and a wide variety of important questions that could help to plan future projects.
The expert panel includes Larry Curry, Marathon Petroleum; Carlos Fernandes-Lopez, ExxonMobil; Luis Garfias, Dow; Andrew Hevle, Kinder Morgan; and Tim Bieri, BP.
Meanwhile, a free Demo Day event will be held on Wednesday, June 16, just outside the Pasadena Convention Center. The event is open to everyone and provides a great opportunity to get up-close, live demonstrations of the latest corrosion prevention products and services, along with an opportunity to network with some of the industry's top providers.
Robust Technical Program
The Bring on the Heat event also features a robust technical program. Topics include:
- “Corrosion Mechanisms Under CUI and PFP,” presented by Kat Coronado, International Paint and Carl Reed, Consultant
- “How Does Peak Density and Surface Cleanliness Affect Adhesion on High Temp Coatings?," presented by Pete Mitchell, GMA Garnet;
- "Preventing the Do-Over: Understanding the Elements That Produce A Quality PFP Project," presented by David Hunter, Hempel
- "Supoxy: The Latest Innovation in Epoxy Technology," presented by Justin Manuel, Carboline;
- "Performance Based PFP Design and Specification for Oil and Gas Facilities," presented by y Onder Akinci, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- "Inherent Challenges with Fireproofing Galvanized Steel," presented by Russell Norris, Sherwin-Williams
- "Strategies for Mitigating CUI with Stone Wool," presented by Abraham Sebastian, Rockwool;
- "Surface Preparation Risks for High Temperature Coatings," presented by Ken Rossy, HoldTight Solutions;
- "Inspection CUI & CUF With Repairs," presented by Arthur MacKinnon, Hempel Coatings;
- "Corrosion Under Fireproofing—Detection and Assessment with Pulsed Eddy Current Array (PECA)," presented by Lloyd Graham, Eddyfi
- "Piping Hot? A Hot Spread Epoxy Phenolic Coating for Hot Rusted Pipes and CUI Mitigation," presented by Mike O’Donoghue, International Paint;
- "What Can the NACE TG516 Test Method Really Tell Us About Insulation?," presented by Monica Chauviere, Super Insulation LLC
- "Accelerated Stress Testing Epoxy CUI Coatings," presented by Dik Betzig, Thermal Coating Solutions
- "Cryogenic Exposure of Industrial Cementitious Fireproofing Followed by an Immediate or Delayed Jet Fire Test," presented by Cabot Wilkinson, Carboline; and
- "Utilizing Automated Radiography for Cost-Effective Large Scale Corrosion Screening," presented by John Musgrave, MISTRAS Group
The complete list of technical sessions and times is available at the event website.
Source: Bring on the Heat Conference, both.nace.org.