Sponsored by Denso North America (Southfield, Michigan, USA), this recent Materials Performance (MP) webcast offers insight into current methodologies for making horizontal directional drilling (HDD) anticorrosion systems last. Ron Raphoon, a pipeline coating consultant with Raphoon, LLC (Spring, Texas, USA), provides an overview of the HDD process, as well as the limitations of many current solutions in preventing corrosion.
According to Denso, the objective of this webcast is to educate and inform the pipeline industry of some key shortcomings and provide a workable solution, long before there is a negative impact to communities serviced. This will be done by presenting the primary causes of damage and an evaluation of failure mechanisms. From this platform, the speaker explains methods of mitigation that can provide a safer operating pipeline with an improved service life.
In the webcast, which is now available in an on-demand format, attendees will learn:
- Where is HDD typically utilized?
- What are the main causes of damage to the anticorrosion system on HDD installations?
- Up until now, how has the industry addressed these issues?
- How has Denso done the work to design for lasting corrosion protection?
- What we can do, together, to make future projects better?
Interested viewers can register for free by clicking here.
Sources: Denso North America, www.densona.com; MP Webcasts, www.materialsperformance.com/webinars.